What is Prayer?
- Asking – Jesus recommends this highly. (Matthew 7:7 and 21:22)
- Petitions – asking God for blessings on ourselves
- Intercessions – asking God for blessings on others
- Communion – talking with, not just to, God; conversation
- Adoration – enjoying the presence and person of God
- Work through petition & intercession and come to a place where you are just enjoying the blessing of God’s presence in your life.
- This will include times of praise and thanksgiving for what God has done, is doing and will do in your life.
- Ministry of the Trinity – prayer is God at work in your life
How does Prayer: asking, communion, adoration and the ministry of the Trinity look like practically in your life?
Additional Resources on Prayer:
- On Earth as it is in Heaven: How the Lord’s Prayer Teaches us to Pray More Effectively by Warren Wiersbe
- The Folly of Prayer: Practicing the Presence and Absence of God