James MacDonald had a very encouraging post which I’ve copied below about Bible study.† I hope you enjoy it as well.
We need Godís Word in our hearts, minds, and lives every day. Why? Hereís a resource that I have shared with our church family. I hope itís helpful to you as we start 2010.
This is my Bible.
- I am who it says I am.† (Matthew 5:16)
- I can do what it says I can do.† (Philippians 4:13)
- I am going where it says I will go.†† (John 14:3)
- Godís Word is milk for my soul.† (1 Peter 2:2)
- Godís Word is seed for my faith.† (Luke 8:11)
- Godís Word is light for my path.† (Psalm 119:105)
- Godís Word is power for my victory. † (Hebrews 4:12)
- Godís Word is freedom for my life.† ( John 8:32)
- When I read Godís Word it brings me joy.† (Jeremiah 15:16)
- When I study Godís Word, it†keeps me from shame.†† (2 Timothy 2:15)
- When I memorize Godís Word, it purifies my heart. † (Psalm 119:11)
- When I quote Godís Word, it defeats my enemies.† (Ephesians 6:10, 17)
- When I meditate on Godís Word, it brings me success. (Joshua 1:8)
- When I abide in Godís Word, it gives me confidence.† (John 15:7)
I am a Bible-believing follower of Jesus Christ!
P.S. There are many ways to read through the Bibleómany of them are online. One source is esv.org/biblereadingplans. Let me encourage you to check it out.