It is no secret to the members of Calvary Baptist Church that I love to read. My library is in a state of flux continually as I gather new material and loan out others. I was recently able to purchase an Amazon Kindle and dive into the world of ebooks. For the past year I have experimented reading ebooks on my desktop and laptop via the Amazon Kindle for PC application. What I was unprepared for was the jump in material that I could cover on the Kindle. It lends itself to quick reads and easy navigation. Already I am finding that I can cover ground quickly in almost any location I find myself. I read while waiting in the doctor’s office or late at night if I can’t sleep.
These are five books I’m reading concurrently on my Kindle:
- The Blogging Church by Brian Bailey and Terry Storch
- Decision Points by President George W. Bush
- Stupid History: Tales of Stupidity, Strangeness & Mythconceptions by Leland Gregory
- Bonhoeffer by Eric Metaxas and Timothy Keller
- In My Place Condemned He Stood: Celebrating the Glory of the Atonement by J.I.Packer
I am finding the Kindle to be a useful gadget in ministry as well as in personal life. I have the complete ESV bible on the Kindle allowing for quick access and opportunity to read in a variety of settings.
Chance to Interact: What ebooks would you recommend for me to read on the Kindle? What type of ebook reader do you regularly use?