Angie and I will be going on a two week trip (Thailand & Cambodia) with Destiny Rescue in March. Destiny Rescue is an organization that focuses on rescuing children from sexual slavery, giving them hope through the gospel of Jesus Christ, and assists them in finding their own God given Destiny in life. One reason we are taking this trip is to further see how Destiny Rescue works as an organization. We have submitted applications and our resumes to Destiny Rescue thinking that God may have us volunteer with them on a long term basis.
How you can be a part:
- Please pray for us. We believe God is moving our ministry focus from the local church ministries we are currently involved in, to cross-cultural work involving either 1) working with those suffering from HIV/AIDs & its consequences, or 2) working with those enslaved in the sex / human trafficking industry. These two focuses often overlap and many times are the catalyst for the other. We need your prayers!
- Please consider supporting us. We believe that God has called our family to uniquely live out the words given to the prophet in Micah 6:8, “…He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the Lord require of you but to do justice, love kindness and walk humbly with your God?” We believe that Destiny Rescue’s values and mission fits within these parameters. We need financial support for this ministry focus, just like we needed it for our local church ministry focus. You can find our support page for our March trip here. Online giving is easy & secure, or, you may send checks to:
- Mark & Angie Kelly, 1307 Fisher Ave, Warsaw, IN 46580
- (for tax deductible receipt – make check out to Destiny Rescue, do NOT put our name in memo line) Send to: Destiny Rescue, PO Box 752, North Webster, IN 46555 (Very important: do NOT put our name in memo line, please write “Mission Trip Sponsorship” in memo line) Just add a slip of paper with our name on it in your envelope
- Please become aware and informed. Every 26 seconds a child is sold into slavery for the first time in their lives. These innocent children are often forced into unspeakable acts. It is always easier to remain ignorant of what pains the heart. However, the followers of Christ do not have that luxury. Our God is very concerned about those who are defenseless, and he expects his children to be concerned as well. I challenge you to take the 26 Second Challenge: You can find more information here.
Later this week we are planning on unveiling our new blog dedicated to our new ministry focus! Stay tuned for exciting news! Thank you for praying & supporting us!